Sunsets, walks, talks, drives in the countryside, holding hands candle-light dinners, soft music. It’s all part of romance. Just the sound of the word rouses hopes and recalls memories. There is a longing for romance in most of us. After romance, the logical progression is to love. Above all else, that’s what we call desire – to love and to be loved.
What are the astrological factors for love and romance ?
1. If the 7th house be occupied by Venus or aspected by Venus, the native assumes love is a feeling, a tingling emotion. Moreover, he feels, it is a physical attraction for a member of the opposite sex. His/her perception of love and romance comes from music, novels, television or movies. Sometimes he says, the portrayed romance of the silver screen is a far cry from the responsibilities of real life.
2. If the 7th house is occupied by Sun or aspected by Sun – then the native says, love is thoughtfulness, concern, sensitivity to the need of another. With this combinations – young man and woman begin to see each other and become romantically attracted it often follows, they start to tell each other, I love you. And he lust after her. But the truth of the matter is, that is what so much young love is lust. It is self- ingratiating. It is for one’s own sexual pleasure.
3. True love grows when 7th house is occupied by Mars or is aspected by Mars. Growing love was once expressed sin the words of popular song, ‘I love your more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow”.
4. Great love of act is indicated by Moon – in the 7th house. With this factor he or she moves tears and appeared to be very much in love. He had taken her as his wife to care for her – to love her.
5. Happier marriages or stronger families can be produced by Jupiter in 7th house or if it is aspected by the same planet. With this combination real love is concern and action towards other all of the time – not just in one time heroic act.
Besides astrological factors, what are the powerful words ?
When the singing, dancing and excitement of such a life style subsides, there is nothing left. Unhappiness and sorrow are the only lasting fruits of romance without love. In order to find love, you first have to be giving love. When you really love others, your time, thoughts, energies and efforts are directed towards them. This is the living and dynamic law.
(Courtesy: “Planets & Forecast”, Dec., 1989.)